Download our Application form from the website and receive 10% discount!
As ballooning is weather dependent we cannot guarantee date of flight.
- On receipt of a 50% deposit via eft or bank deposit, you may choose another date of your choice with no additional costs for a year from date of purchase . A 10% plus service fee applies if you ask for a refund.
- Credit card authorisation and a photocopy of the front and back of your credit card is required if you subject us to one date. This will be held as security to confirm a booking. You will be charged on date of flight or for a no show unless pilot cancels due to weather. You may call us to reschedule a booking for another date or your ticket will be deleted off our system.
- Open dated Gift voucher tickets require full payment upfront and are valid for a year from date of purchase with no additional cost.
Please phone to confirm availability on a date of your choice. Excessive weight(s)if over 2x85kg = 170kg max there will be an added cost involved.
All passengers must be capable of standing for the duration of the flight, and enter and exit the basket unassisted. If there is any question regarding your physical health limitations, please consult your doctor and advise us of your concerns before confirming a booking. We will do all we can to accommodate prospective passengers. We consider it unsafe to fly when pregnant or any form of brittle bone disease. The pilot in charge of the flight must make the decision and has the right to ask you not to participate in this particular flight due to the wind conditions which may cause a bumpy landing.
What to Wear & What to Bring
Clothing should be layered, keeping in mind the early morning chill of dawn, and the sunshine on landing. Walking shoes are a must as you will be landing in the fields and climbing into and out of a basket. Hats or caps are recommended as the balloon heats up prior to take-off can be a bit warm. Cameras with extra film and batteries, binoculars may be brought on board but the pilot and crew do not take responsibility for any damage or loss of articles.
Hot Air Balloon Rides
|Weight||Under 35Kg Single||Under 85kg Single||Under 120kg Single||Over 120kg Single|
|Price Per Person||R 975.00||R 1,950.00||R 2,475.00||R 3,000.00|
|Under 35Kg||A guardian must accompany children under 16 and under 35 kg’s. Children should be over 1.20 meters tall to see over the basket. We are unable to accommodate babies in arms, and advise against children under the age of 4.|
|Price Per Person||R 975.00|
|Large Groups||Large groups may choose the venue outside of the Muldersdrift area may incur a non-refundable travel cost.|
|Price Per Person||Please call for quotation.|
Open dated hot air ballooning gift vouchers are available on request and are a great solution to the birthday gift conundrum. Our experienced hot air ballooning team will ensure that whether you are flying for the first time or second time, your flight is a memorable experience. Team building flights, proposal flights, anniversary flights, birthday flights, corporate flights: we do them all. Enjoy an hour of sheer pleasure as you admire The Cradle of Humankind from a unique perspective.
What time of the day do hot air balloons fly?
The following table shows the hot air ballooning launch times for each day of the year. We meet at Glenburn Lodge in the Cradle of Humankind. Hot air balloon flights take place in the early morning when the air is most stable and weather permitting. We meet 30 minutes prior to the launch time.
We offer Daily Sunrise flights.
MEETING TIME :
|January 2 – 10||04h30|
|January 11- 24||04h45|
|January 25 – February 14||05h00|
|February 15 – March 14||05h15|
|March 15 – April 18||05h30|
|April 19 -May 16||05h45|
|May 17 – July 18||06h00|
|July 18 – August 15||05h45|
|August 16 – September 12||05h30|
|September 13 — 26||05h15|
|September 26 – October 11||05h00|
|October 12 – October 24||04h45|
|October 25 – January 11||04h30|
Balloon Ride Schedule
- Meeting time is an hour prior to flight @ Glenburn Lodge Reception – tea/coffee prior.
- Our passenger vehicle will take you down to the launch site to watch the hot air balloon being inflated.
- 15/25 Minutes later we take off and then land an hour later.
- 30 Minutes spent savouring Sparkling wine and/or orange juice to toast the flight.
- Passenger vehicles will transport you back to venue.
- Full buffet breakfast at Glenburn Lodge where you will receive your commemorative certificate – this event takes another hour.