Hot Air Ballooning Schedule
What time of the day is your hot air balloon flight?
Air to Air Africa offer daily sunrise flights.
Balloon Ride Schedule
- Meeting time is an hour prior to flight @ Glenburn Reception in the Cradle of Humankind 35km from Johannesburg and Pretoria.
- Our passenger vehicle will take you down to the launch site to watch the hot air balloon being inflated.
- 15/20 minutes later, we take off and then land approximately an hour later.
- 30 Minutes spent savouring Sparkling wine and/or orange juice to toast the flight.
- Our passenger vehicles will transport you back to the venue.
- Full buffet breakfast at Glenburn Lodge, where you will receive your commemorative hot air balloon flight certificate – this part of the day’s itinerary takes another hour. Allow 3.30 to 4.00 hours.
Ready to fly in a Hot Air Balloon
What to Wear and What to Bring
- Clothing should be layered, keeping in mind the early morning chill of dawn and the sunshine on landing.
- Walking shoes are a must as you will be landing in the fields and climbing into and out of the hot air balloon basket.
- Hats or caps are recommended as temperatures while the balloon heats up prior to takeoff can be a bit warm.
- Cameras with extra film and batteries plus binoculars may be brought on board but the pilot and crew do not take responsibility for any damage or loss of articles during or after the hot air balloon flight.