If you have a free morning and are around the Johannesburg or Pretoria area, why not take an adventure by experiencing a balloon tour with Air to Air Africa? We are located west of Johannesburg at the Cradle of Humankind, which is a very popular world heritage site.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway with a loved one, spending time with friends or even if it’s a corporate team building – we are ready to literally sweep you off your feet and create a lasting experience. We don’t just stop there! Our hot air balloon experience is ideal for various occasions and events such as surprises, birthdays, engagements or even anniversaries.
At Air to Air Africa, we ONLY offer daily sunrise flights (with the exception of the weather). This is an outline of a typical hot air balloon flight with us:
- We meet an hour prior to the flight at Glenburn Reception at the Cradle of Humankind.
- Our passenger vehicle will then take you down to the launch site to watch the hot air balloon being inflated.
- About 15 – 20 minutes later, passengers enjoy an ultra-relaxed one hour long flight over scenic views.
- 30 minutes is then spent enjoying Sparkling wine and/or orange juice to toast the flight.
- Our passenger vehicles will transport you back to the venue.
- You will be treated to a full buffet breakfast at Glenburn Lodge, where you will receive your commemorative hot air balloon flight certificate – this takes another hour.
- Allow for the full experience to take between 3.30 – 4 hours.
Below are some interesting facts about Air to Air Africa:
- Air to Air Africa was established in 1999.
- We hold an air service license with the Civil Aviation and our pilots are licensed annually.
- Air to Air Africa has a 100% safety record and is considered one of South Africa’s top ballooning companies.
- Hot air balloon rides are only scheduled for the early morning.
- Air to Air Africa hot air balloon flights include breakfast and sparkling wine.
- We offer one of the biggest balloon adventures in Africa with our 16 seater balloon.
We currently have three commercial licensed hot air balloons in operation:
- A 250 000 cubic feet balloon with a capacity of 6 – 8 passengers nicknamed “Daddy Blue”
- A 315 000 cubic feet balloon with a capacity of 10 – 12 passengers nicknamed “Rainbow”
- A 400 000 cubic feet balloon with a capacity of 16 – 18 passengers nicknamed the “Red Monster”.
What is the cost of flying in a hot air balloon?
You can view the price list here: https://bit.ly/2N6E7N6.
Please note that all passengers should be capable of standing for the duration of the flight and enter and exit the basket unassisted. If there is any question regarding your physical health limitations, please consult your doctor and advise the Air to Air team of your concerns before confirming your booking.
We will do all we can to accommodate prospective passengers. We consider it unsafe to fly when you are pregnant or diagnosed with any form of brittle bone disease. The pilot in charge of the hot air balloon rides must make the decision and has the right to ask you not to participate in this particular flight due to the wind conditions, which may cause a bumpy landing.
We look forward to sharing this experience with you.