With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, it’s the season to brainstorm ideas for what you can do with your loved one/s. Whether it’s with a long-term partner, a close friend, a family member or someone new, there is something magical and memorable that Air to Air Africa can offer you. Even if you’re single or somewhere in between, ensure your Valentine’s Day is free of clichés and a lot more adventurous with a hot air ballooning experience with Air to Air Africa.
Air to Air Africa offers a Valentine’s Day experience to take your loved one, overlooking panoramic views above the Cradle of Humankind, across landscapes that boast a bounty of wildlife and history.
You will have an opportunity to watch the sunrise as flights are at sunrise daily from the banks of the Blaauwbank and Crocodile Rivers on Glenburn Lodge. This will build exciting memories as you wait for your flight to take off.
You will also get to surprise your loved one/s by giving them a memory of a lifetime by letting them experience a hot air ballooning experience. Also, you will be treated to a romantic buffet breakfast once you’ve landed.
Whether this Valentine’s Day holds a significantly special event such as an anniversary, a marriage proposal, showing appreciation to a friend or family member, or even if you are looking for something that will sweep your loved one/s off their feet, a hot air ballooning experience is the best Valentine’s Day gift you could give, especially if you’re adventurous and in love with nature.
The balloon tour schedule is as follows:
- Meeting time is an hour prior to flight @ Glenburn Reception in the Cradle of Humankind 35km from Johannesburg and Pretoria.
- Our passenger vehicle will take you down to the launch site to watch the hot air balloon being inflated.
- 15/20 minutes later, we take off and then land approximately an hour later.
- 30 Minutes spent savouring Sparkling wine and/or orange juice to toast the flight.
- Our passenger vehicles will transport you back to the venue.
- Full buffet breakfast at Glenburn Lodge, where you will receive your commemorative hot air balloon flight certificate – this part of the day’s itinerary takes another hour. Allow 3.30 to 4.00 hours.
All of the above is included in the price, but Air to Air Africa is more than happy to add bells and whistles to create a tailor-made experience for you. As there are a number of attractions in the area such as the Sterkfontein Caves, Rhino and Lion Park as well as the Cradle Nature Reserve, you can choose to make a whole day outing of it. Should you book online, you will get a 10% discount on your hot air ballooning experience.
Let Air to Air Africa help and create a memorable Valentine’s Day that will last a lifetime. Get in touch with us and find out more about our Valentine’s Day hot air ballooning experience to make this a Valentine’s Day to remember.