There’s something magical about balloon tours. The feeling of being flown just above tree top height with panoramic views enhances the experience to a whole new level. As the year comes to an end, why not close it off by booking a flight with Air to Air Africa, or better yet, start 2019 with a hot air balloon flight experience. Air to Air Africa is located west of Johannesburg at the Cradle of Humankind, a well-known world heritage site. Experience a champagne balloon tour for you and a loved one and let us start off your 2019 on a positive and adventurous manner.
Hot air balloon SA rides at Air to Air Africa take place in the early hours of the morning and are weather dependent. We have 3 commercial licensed balloons: One 400 000 cubic feet balloon with a capacity for 16-18 passengers or as we know it, the red monster. We also have the Daddy Blue, the 250 000 cubic feet balloon with a capacity for 4-8 passengers. Our last addition is Rainbow, the 315 000 cubic feet balloon with a capacity for 10 – 14 passengers. We can practically accommodate for any occasion! Before you book, here are some of the safety precautions you should know about:
- Passengers must be able to stand for the duration of the flight.
- Passengers must be able to enter and exit the basket without assistance.
- Kids under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Passengers with health issues should best consult their medical doctor prior to booking a flight.
It is also advisable to note the following when you prepare for your Hot air balloon SA experience:
- Wear layered clothing to provide for weather changes from sunrise to mid-morning.
- Walking shoes are most comfortable to walk in the fields and climb into the basket.
- A hat is for the heat on take off
- Bring binoculars and a camera to make the most of the view and capture the occasion.
Upon arrival you will be treated to a coffee and tea at the Glenburn Lodge game reserve which is located in the Cradle of Humankind. Following that you will be transported to the hot air balloon spot to prepare for your departure. The flight takes on average one hour overlooking the amazing Cradle of Humankind with breathtaking views of the mountains and wild animals, toast the flight with a traditional glass of Champagne and then there will be a buffet breakfast after your flight is complete. You will also be awarded a personalized commemoration certificate.
You don’t only have to reserve bookings for the start of the year; you can also plan balloon tours in advance for so many occasions that can still happen in 2019. You could book them well in advance. These include:
- Anniversaries – this is a perfect way to plan your anniversary well in advance and make it extra special.
- Engagements – take your relationship to the next level by proposing up in the sky.
- Weddings – imagine having your wedding while hot air ballooning. This is a unique experience that would create the fondest of memories.
- Birthdays – what better way is there than to celebrate a new age than doing it up in the sky with a group of friends or family members.
If you book online, you will be awarded a 10% discount. For more information, you can contact us and one of our representatives will be on standby to assist you with any query you may have. Click on this link and get in touch with us. We would like to wish you and your family a wonderful festive season and may the New Year bring new adventures and happy memories!