Book your hot air ballooning experience and cruise across the landscapes and enjoy panoramic views of our heritage sites with hot air balloon rentals in Gauteng.
“Come fly with me, let’s fly, let’s fly away…” We can see your fingers snapping and feet tapping to the beat of this iconic tune. But did you know, Frank Sinatra was actually singing about his hot air balloon experience?
Okay… Maybe he wasn’t, but we’d like to think Sinatra was dreaming of a hot air balloon party while he was singing this song. Our point is, as iconic as this song is, hot air balloon rentals in Gauteng are even better!
Before we tell you why you should book your hot air balloon experience (and you really should), we thought we’d share some interesting facts about hot air ballooning with you:
- The first hot air balloon flew over the heads of Louis XVI, Marie-Antoinette, and the French court in Versailles in 1783.
- The first passengers were a rooster, a duck, and a sheep.
- Local French farmers were not too impressed with the aristocrats landing their hot air balloons on their crops and so, they were offered champagne to smooth things over. Drinking champagne after a hot air balloon ride soon became a tradition.
- Christian Brown invented a glass-bottom balloon but people apparently found the flight “terrifying”.
- The highest a hot air balloon has ever gone is +-21km. This was accomplished by Vijaypat Singhania, who, along with his co-pilot, had to wear an oxygen mask to stay alive. The maximum height authorities allow is +-19km.
But don’t worry, Air to Air Africa won’t do anything crazy while you are on our balloon experience. We want you to have the ultimate adventure with hot air balloons rentals in Gauteng. Some other reasons to book your balloon experience with Air to Air Africa today are:
Experience the magic
There is something so special about a hot air balloon experience… It is an unforgettable adventure, from the wind in your hair and the panoramic views to the gorgeous sunrise. We only offer sunrise flights but what better way is there to experience nature’s beauty than on a crisp morning with the sun starting to peek out?
Remember to always wear layered clothing as temperatures can rise after the initial chill of the early morning and bring a hat to protect yourself from the heat of the burners.
Location, location, location
That’s what it is all about, right? Air to Air Africa is situated on the banks of the Crocodile River in the Cradle of Humankind. Our flights take place from Glenburn Lodge and what this means for you is breath-taking views! Perfect for hot air balloon rentals in Gauteng.
Value for your money
Our prices included your hot air balloon party, breakfast, sparkling wine, and a lifetime of memories. Keep in mind that all passengers must be able to stand for the duration of the flight and enter and exit the basket unassisted.
|Weight||Under 35Kg Single||Under 85kg Single||Under 120kg Single||Over 120kg Single|
|Price Per Person||R 975.00||R 1,950.00||R 2,475.00||R 3,000.00|
Perfect for any occasion
Take your special occasions and celebrations to new heights with hot air balloon rentals in Gauteng. You can book a balloon experience for birthdays, engagements, weddings, anniversaries or family events.
Contact Air to Air Africa today to book your hot air balloon party and in Sinatra’s words: “We’ll just glide, starry-eyed… you may hear angels cheer”. Seriously though, how is this song not our theme song?